Meet the recipe for the easiest batch of homemade cookies, loaded with peanut butter, granola, chocolate chips, cinnamon, and coffee grounds. AKA the most drool-worthy, cozy snack your kitchen will ever see.
With a variety of add-ins, these regular chocolate cookies bake up into the ultimate treat. And if you don't like all of the add-ins listed in the ingredients, there's no problem! These cookies are totally customizable, too. Keep scrolling for a quick note on substitutions, and then it's onto the recipe.
We all have different preferences when it comes to food. That's why these loaded snack cookies are totally customizable to incorporate your favourite add-ins!
- Don't like/can't eat peanut butter? Swap it out for a different nut butter, like almond or cashew.
- Want more or less coffee in your cookies? Scale up or scale down the amount of coffee grounds listed in the ingredients (you can hardly taste the amount listed in the recipe as-is, it just makes for an extra boost of energy!)
- Love or hate cinnamon? Swap it out with a different spice, add half of a teaspoon more, or leave it out completely.
- Not a fan of chocolate chips or granola? Feel free to swap them out with another add-in. Think crushed pretzels, toffee bits, crushed potato chips . . . with these ingredients, just be sure to substitute them for another solid ingredient, or the texture of your cookies might be compromised.
That's all I have to say about this recipe (well, honestly I could go on and on about these cookies, but all the important stuff is out of the way). If you bake a batch of these loaded snack cookies, let me know! Tag me @sugarbutterflourbakery so I can share your customized batch of drool-worthy cookies.
Peanut butter chocolate chip
Prep time: 20 minutes
Bake time: 10 minutes
Inactive time: 12 hours
Makes: 18 cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, spooned and levelled
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon instant coffee grounds
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup granola
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer or mixing by hand, cream together the unsalted butter and peanut butter until fully combined.
- Add in the egg and vanilla extract. Mix until the mixture has no outstanding lumps and all ingredients have been incorporated.
- Add in the brown sugar and granulated sugar. Continue mixing until the mixture is uniform and smooth.
- In a separate large bowl, measure out the all-purpose flour, baking soda, sea salt, ground cinnamon, and coffee grounds. Stir briefly to ensure there are no clumps, then pour over the wet mixture. Incorporate the dry mixture into the wet using gentle folding motions. Continue to mix until there are only a few streaks of flour remaining. Finally, fold in the chocolate chips and granola until just barely combined.
- Using a 2-tablespoon scoop, measure out balls of the completed cookie dough and transfer them onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Allow to chill for a minimum of 12 hours or overnight before baking.
- Bake the chilled cookie dough balls in a preheated, 350°F / 175°C oven for about ten minutes, or until the cookies are golden brown and their edges are solid. Allow to chill for at least 10 minutes before serving. Store in an air-tight container and refrigerate to keep the cookies fresh for up to a week.