A soft, moist cake base, filled with the easiest (no baking or cooking involved!) lemon curd, and topped off with a generous piping of ultra fluffy buttercream! All of this made possible in one delicious bite from Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk.
Lemon Curd Stuffed Cupcakes with Buttercream Frosting
Prep time: 30 mins
Bake time: 15 mins
Serves/makes: 12 cupcakes
Delicious lemon cupcakes filled with a simple, no bake lemon curd and topped off with a fluffy buttercream frosting
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup Eagle Brand® sweetened condensed milk
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk, room temperature
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Eagle Brand® sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 cup softened butter
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 tablespoons Eagle Brand® sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon milk, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease and line a 12-hole muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl with a hand mixer, or using a stand mixer, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Mix in sweetened condensed milk to thicken, then add the eggs one at a time, mixing to incorporate. Stir in lemon juice and vanilla, and add milk once well incorporated.
- Sift in flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Fold into the wet mixture to create a smooth batter. Scoop batter into the prepared cupcake pan.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Set aside to cool.
- Prepare the lemon curd: stir together all ingredients in a small bowl. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Prepare the buttercream: using a hand or stand mixer, whip softened butter on low speed. Add in one cup of icing sugar and increase to medium speed once incorporated. Add in the remaining icing sugar 1/2 cup at a time until the mixture is smooth. Turn off mixer and scrape down bowl, mixing to combine. Return mixer to medium-high speed and add in sweetened condensed milk and milk. Whip on high speed until smooth and fluffy. Transfer to a piping bag fitted with preferred tip.
- On a clean work surface, spread out the cooled cupcakes. Using a small corer or round piping tip, hollow out the center of each, making sure to only go 3/4 of the way down. Scoop about 1 teaspoon of the chilled lemon curd into each. Pipe the buttercream on top, starting from the outside and moving up and towards the center of each cupcake. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to eat.
Did you make this recipe? Let me know by tagging @sugarbutterflourbakery and #sugarbutterflourbakery on Instagram :)